- Fringy, on being a host
Long before the beginning of EFAP, he was one of the 4 Horsemen of PC Gaming alongside Rags. Right now aside from hosting EFAP and battling Batwahmen, Fringy animates, works on his comic, and streams.
- 1 Physical Appearance
- 2 History
- 2.1 PreFAP
- 2.2 Premiere - vs CinemaSinsSins
- 2.3 Season 2
- 2.4 EFAP 27
- 2.5 EFAP 36
- 2.6 The Spider Wars
- 2.7 EFAP 50 - The One Year Anniversary of Pausing Every Frame
- 2.8 The Australian Triple Threat
- 2.9 EFAP 62 - vs Arlo
- 2.10 EFAP 65 - Farewell Wolf
- 2.11 Order 66
- 2.12 EFAPs 71, 72, 75, 79
- 2.13 EFAP 85
- 2.14 EFAPs 92, 97, 98
- 2.15 EFAP 100 - The Two Year Anniversary of Pausing Every Frame
- 2.16 EFAPs 103, 105, 108, 112, 113, 115, 119 (WW84), 121-122
- 2.17 123-124 - vs Man of Steel
- 2.18 EFAP Minis 1-6, 8-19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, 31, 33, 38, 40, 42, 44. 47. 49, 51-54, 56-63, Movies 2, 9, 10, 14, 17, Gaming 5
- 2.19 Stream with Sitch and Adam
- 2.20 The DCEU Arc, continued - 127, 130, 131, 134
- 2.21 EFAPs 126, 128, 129, 132, 133, 135
- 2.22 Gartic Phone - The Fringularity
- 2.23 Ascension to Host
- 2.24 EFAP 137 - The Memefap IX
- 2.25 Patenting of Fringy Goo
- 2.26 EFAP 138 - vs RE Village
- 2.27 EFAP 139 - vs Winter Soldier
- 2.28 EFAPs 140 & 141
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Trivia
EFAP 5 - early EFAP 27
Originally Fringy was thought to be a green humanoid with thin build akin to that of MauLer, lack of body hair, mouth and purely white eyes.
During this episode it was established that Fringy was also a frog, as pointed out by Wolf, Frogald was embarassed by the discovery of his true appearance so much that he flooded Beuwen's house in revenge.
Fringy reemerged as a humanoid bird/plague doctor to distance himself from his frog self so much that even he showed pupils in his eyes. Regardless of it he can't hide it from The Chat so he is always a frog to everyone.
Frogald is revealed to have a form adapted to live in the sea - a green garfish.
Fringy has made videos talking about video games, the gaming industry, and storytelling on his channel. He joined the 4 Horsemen of PC Gaming with Rags. Only the 7th stream is available.
When he was a child, Fringy tried to create a comic based on Ratchet and Clank called Sealo and Lobsy, a seal and a lobster.
In most of his old videos, he put the links of his art account "Crude Penguin" in the description. Only very few art remains from him, obscuring his already shallow preFAP even further.
Premiere - vs CinemaSinsSins
In Fringy's first appearance in EFAP 5, he joined MauLer, Rags, and Wolf to tackle CinemaSinsSins's response to MauLer's Black Panther review. In addition to general argumentation, Fringy was able to provide some small bits of insight on Africa since his dad is from Africa. They then took a quick look at Matt Jarbo's apology video for having false DMCA'd videos that made fun of him.
Fringy joined MauLer, Metal, SmilerAl, and ChaseFace to take a look at Joseph Anderson's "Why Horror Games Don't Scare Me" in EFAP 11, then another Joseph Anderson video denouncing the idea of objective art criticism in EFAP 16.
Fringy didn't appear in-person again until EFAP 27, but his story continued to be told through memes. In EFAP 21, Fringy was seen blowing the "Hello There Ladies and Gentlemen" horn to rally the other critics in the Battle of Critic's Deep, then partaking in the ensuing battle before being saved by EmanGameplay leading the forces of The Discord Far Far Away. In EFAP 24, Fringy was seen being thrown by Jay at Jack Saint, who was trying to destroy objectivity. In EFAP 26, Fringy is seen operating a cannon to defend his fellow EFAPpers.
Fringy made his return in EFAP 27 to some bad news; JaredGenesis, previously believed to be a jolly man with some tismy takes, was revealed to have been a villain all along. More meme lore showed Fringy and the EFAP forces being captured by Quinton and Just Write, but being saved by their allies. Fringy, MauLer, Rags, and Wolf then took a look at RennsReviews' bad take on Mission Impossible: Fallout. The most important thing to come out in this stream in regards to Fringy, though, was that this was when it was first theorized that he was a frog, and that his previous avatar was him as a tadpole. Fringy tried to deny this, but the others weren't having it.
Further Meme Lore
Fringy was seen fighting the good fight yet again against The Last Jedi in a meme in EFAP 32, then being attacked by Goliath in a meme in EFAP 33.
Fringy, MauLer, Rags, Robot Head and SmilerAl bore witness to the full story of the tragedy of The Don on EFAP 36, expressing sympathy for this fallen hero. Fringy and the gang defended The Don against false accusations levied against him by iamthatroby. They then looked at defenses for Game of Thrones Season 8 by Matt Jarbo, Insider, and Treesicle, the latter of which was not worth the effort at all.
Meme Lore Continued
Fringy, alongside EFAP and TGBP, was seen fighting Goliath in a meme in EFAP 38, but they were all defeated with no effort at all. Goliath was defeated by Tonald, due to his power level he was able to hurt him severely. When Wolf was getting his pep talk he was seen fighting an army alongside MauLer and Rags.
In a meme in EFAP 42, Fringy and EFAP were saved The Don during a battle with Captain Marvel Fans, Later EFAP and it's allies fought Roby, Browntable, and LegalEagle. Due to MauLer's irresponsibility causing his capture they were forced to surrender, if it were not for The Don it would have ended up with their deaths.
The Spider Wars
Fringy was there for the final two thirds of the Spider Wars, alongside Shad, Mauler, Rags, and later Wolf. They began with a debate about Spider-Man and adaptations, then took a look at HiTopFilms' videos on Spider-Man: Homecoming and Far From Home. Taking on HiTop wasn't easy for Fringy as they knew each other before. Fringy later witnessed Wolf being high.
During such a massive event, Fringy was present during the fight with Jim Sterling and his idea of the Privilege Goggles, the fight was quite easy but it left our frog exhausted.
Meme Lore Continued
In a meme seen in EFAP 50, when Tonald and The Don were testing their powers to see who is stronger the planet they were on exploded. Fringy and EFAP managed to escape with the orphans, although Jay died, but he dies and gets revived constantly.
Later during the ultimate showdown so far between Captain Marvel and The Don where all hope was lost and the entire universe was at stake the Don was able to achieve peak of his abiilites and stop Captain Marvel. Frogald was seen hanging out with the Don in the flashback and later keeping Critical Drinker from being burried alive. After all of this he was later celebrating with everyone reading superchats, although he missed Blessed Pipeman reading a certain book about unicorns.
In a meme in EFAP 52, during the battle with the PAFE army Fringy came out of a portal leading his frog troops and verbal terrorists. The battle was won by the EFAP forces assisted by Phred, Goliath, The Don and Tonald.
The Australian Triple Threat
Fringy, RobotHead, and Shad joined forces in EFAP 53 to form the Australian Triple Threat, and tackled DaveKnows' video "Men Are Ruining Star Wars." Dave himself was nice enough to come on to the stream to discuss his video in person.
More importantly, this was the stream in which Fringy discovered the philosopher Freudian.
Meme Lore Continued
In a meme in EFAP 55, Fringy was seen when MauLer and Rags were reunited, he helped to heal the Long Man after he got shot by Maj0r Lee, Later he participated in a battle with r/mcj and Massive forces riding among many on the rhinos.
EFAP 62 - vs Arlo
The EFAP crew met Arlo, a puppet just like Voxis but with a different views and some questionable thinking process.
Fringy was present during the last moments of Wolf before his ascension to a higher level of existence and leaving to his Mountain Realm. Also on this stream he battled alongside the Remarkable Republican and his new form - a garfish - was revealed.
Fringy joined the rest of the gang in EFAP Order 66 in the aftermath of the release of The Rise of Skywalker, dissecting the many ways in which that movie was broken, and having a lot of laughs along the way.
EFAPs 71, 72, 75, 79
Fringy appeared on EFAP 85. However, not long into the first video, Rags imitates an Australian accent, prompting Mauler to ask Rags to perform the word. Immediately after hearing his word, Fringy admits that he could help himself saying that word. And thus, the word "Nough" was now officially recognized.
EFAPs 92, 97, 98
EFAP 100 - The Two Year Anniversary of Pausing Every Frame
EFAPs 103, 105, 108, 112, 113, 115, 119 (WW84), 121-122
123-124 - vs Man of Steel
EFAP Minis 1-6, 8-19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 28, 30, 31, 33, 38, 40, 42, 44. 47. 49, 51-54, 56-63, Movies 2, 9, 10, 14, 17, Gaming 5
Stream with Sitch and Adam
Fringy joined MauLer on The Adam and Sitch Show to watch and comment on the debate between political streamers Destiny and Vaush about whether or not economically left-wing content creators have an obligation to use their wealth for political activism, and whether or not it is okay to say things that are factually inaccurate or misleading to further one's political goals.
The DCEU Arc, continued - 127, 130, 131, 134
EFAPs 126, 128, 129, 132, 133, 135
Gartic Phone - The Fringularity
Fringy joined the gang in EFAP Gaming 25 for a game of Gartic Phone, a browser game that combines Pictionary and telephone. For some reason, multiple prompts kept evolving into pictures of Fringy.
Ascension to Host
Fringy joined MauLer and Rags on EFAP 136 as the only other guest on the episode, with the given reason being that they had four videos ("Quad-Damage") to respond to, and so having less people in the conversation would allow them to get through the videos faster. The gang went through nine hours of Falcon and the Winter Soldier reviews, for MauLer to reveal at the end that there was another reason why the three of them were the lineup for that episode - this episode was the debut of Fringy as a host of EFAP.
EFAP 137 - The Memefap IX
Patenting of Fringy Goo
"Uh, you know what? I don't think I need to share my patented Fringy Goo secrets with you."
While on a stream with Metal, Fringy confirmed the existence of a goo he developed called Fringy Goo, which he has patented, though he kept the specifics of it a secret. Fringy's suggestion that he could store his goo in the same freezer as Rags' snow led Rags to raise concerns of diminishing the purity of his snow, though Fringy suggested that the goo may in fact further purify it, or even keep it from melting, though he conceded that he hadn't tested its effects on snow and would need to do so to be sure. Fringy was also adament that his goo would only be used for good, as he is a plague doctor who sets out to help people. MauLer suggested that the goo could be used for spellcasting, but Fringy denied this. This stream was added to the EFAP Expanded Universe to make people aware of Fringy Goo's existence.
EFAP 138 - vs RE Village
EFAP 139 - vs Winter Soldier
EFAPs 140 & 141
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting - Fringy can change his appearance because he is a shapeshifter.
- Teamwork - He always gets along with his allies.
- Water Manipulation - he used it to get revenge on Beuwen, whether it's locked only to his frog form is currently unknown.
- Extreme Heat Resistance - Having to live in the barren wasteland of Australia, Fringy has developed a resistance to extreme heat.
- Fringy Goo - Fringy has developed and patented a substance called Fringy Goo. He keeps its exact properties a secret, though he claims it has a variety of uses, including the ability to further purify Rags' snow, which Rags doubts. Fringy keeps his goo locked up safely and refrigerated in his lab, and apparently has so much of it that he is looking for other means by which to store it to free up room in the lab.
- "It's funny right..."
- "So my immediate thing is..."
- "Nough, NOUGH!"
- “It was real interesting day, the sun rose and set.” - EFAP 36
- "It's ah, a good ol' Freudian Slip! Thanks Freudian, for comin' up with that." - EFAP 53
- "Eighteen-year-old German conscripts, fair game! Chemical weapons engineer? Nah. " - EFAP Movies #17
- Fringy is the first Australian, green person and frog to be a guest, a regular, and a host.
- Both his humanoid forms are of a height greater than that of a regular MauLer, but when MauLer goes full Longman he obviously and massively outclasses Fringy in this regard
- Fringy is a race traitor for not liking the term “people of color.” He is also a staunch, unrepentant white nationalist
- By blowing in a horn, Fringy can perfectly recreate MauLer's voice
- Nazguls censor Fringy, cutting the connection of his mic, and emus sabotage his internet connection, digging into the ground for the cables.
- You get green points if you include him in your content
- Fringy once wrote a 65,000-word script but deleted it as he thought the content wasn’t good enough
- Fringy is often erroneously called Frin-gee instead of Fring-y
- Other names for Fringy include Fringy Smalls, Puff Fringy, Fringo-Fraggins, Fringy (with women), Fring-dog, One Fring to Rule Them All, Fringworms, God Frogger, and Pond... James Pond
- He likes South Park
- Didn’t have to suck any dangus to get on to EFAP
- Fringy has a CPU cable as a peen
- He loves Daredevil, just like MauLer does Buffy and Wolf does Lord of the Rings.