"Hello there ladies and gentlemen..."
MauLer, also known as "The Long Man" is a YouTuber whose videos mainly deal with criticism of film, television and video games. He is also one of the hosts of EFAP. The podcast is streamed on his main channel and reuploaded onto his second channel, and not an episode has gone by without him, whereas Rags and Wolf have been absent for some episodes.
MauLer is well-known for his very long review videos intricately dissecting bad films and television and for arguing that art can be judged objectively, often drawing distinction between the objective qualities of a work and one's subjective enjoyment of a work in his reviews. His most popular videos include his several hour long video game reviews, his three hour review of The Last Jedi, and his reviews of episodes four through six/the finale of Game of Thrones Season 8.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
MauLer is a Longoid - a type of Homo sapiens able to elongate themselves to a massive degree, because of it his skin sometimes can't handle it giving him skeletal appearance. Under his garniture he hides his 4 tentacles which are used mostly when MauLer goes berserk or just for intimidation. Aside from his previously mentioned garniture he wears his trademark gas mask, a red tie, white shirt and black boots. It is believed that underneath his gas mask is another gas mask. He speaks with a light Welsh accent but he is able to talk like Americans or go full-Wales mode.
Due to being a Longoid he is young by their standards - after centuries he is 26 in butthole years.
Personality[edit | edit source]
“How dare you, sir? He’s allowed to have his opinion. John Adams said so.”
MauLer can be seen as the most civil out of the EFAP hosts, compared to Rags' more fun-poking manner and Wolf's fiery personality, he usually moderates debates, is open to discussions and is against any form of harassment (not that the other guests aren't). Due to this he is often seen as the de facto leader of EFAP. He always attempts to be fair and objective and back up his claims with evidence, which can lead him to be hated by many, one of this factor were his reviews of properties liked by the Massives such as The Last Jedi, Dark Souls II or Captain Marvel. He is often attacked the most by lies, accusations of being some type of bigot by association or of being too long.
With that being said, MauLer can at times act very irresponsibly, like getting drunk in a matter of hours causing laughing at the Isle of Man flag, ignoring people or taking some jabs at others. His biggest sins are his tangents.
Welshman also has a soft side for Aydin, they bonded pretty quickly over Buffy and the Queen Elizabeth II, for her he was willing to betray Wolf, Rags and E;R during the war with The Great British Podcast.
History[edit | edit source]
“So, one side of the emotion is okay, but the other side isn’t, that doesn’t seem like very consistent, looks like your just policing people about how they should feel."- To how Patrick gushes over The Last Jedi and sees people criticizing the film as angry people attacking a "kids film".
PreFAP[edit | edit source]
MauLer was born 11,000 years before the 10th Age of Reclamation, as he still remembers when Goliath was simply known as "The". As a kid he went to the wrong alley was almost choked to death by a Pineapple, giving him a live long disdain for the fruit. At some point he and his sisters started watching Buffy, making it his favorite TV show. He later met SmilerAI. In 2014, he made his first YouTube series about Amnesia, Soma, Yooka Laylee, Resident Evil 7 and his Dark Souls II response - a great battle against Hbomberguy. During this time he also fought Joseph Anderson for the first time and met Fortea and Metal on twitch. At this time MauLer used to work retail in a toy store, where he met a lot of weird people.
In December of 2017, he released "Star Wars: The Last Jedi: An Unbridled Rage" and shortly after, his full critique of the movie. Both of them gave him immense exposure and due to it he met his future companions - Wolf (who got into contact with MauLer after MauLer took a jab at him for not liking Civil War and Ragnarok) and Rags. The trio started hanging out. Midway through 2018 they encountered Jared Genesis and alongside Wolf they battled The Not So Great Debate Guy, who was Wolf's previous follower, and then Just Write.
Season 1[edit | edit source]
"Telling humans how much they should care about something historically doesn’t work very well, like, humans don’t like it.”
MauLer has been here for every episode since the beginning. He came together with Rags and Wolf in the yet-unnamed podcast to take a look at Downward Thrust and The Forbidden One. The trio were joined by Fortea to delve into the mind of Patrick Willems, then by Al to learn about male toxicity from Jonathan MacIntosh and purple abuse apologetics from Movies with Mikey. Appabend took Rags' place to join MauLer and Wolf in taking a second look at Willems. After CinemaSinsSins responded to MauLer's "Black Panther: An Unbridled Rage," he took a look at that response with Wolf, Rags, and Fringy, in the midseason finale. The trio were then joined by Smudboy to witness the introduction of MovieBob, coming to the aid of Patrick. The Quinton Arc then concluded with what it had all been leading up to, the three-part Quinton Trilogy. The Right Opinion had made a response to Rags' response to I Hate Everything's The Last Jedi video, and since Rags had referenced MauLer's The Last Jedi critique in his video, TRO brought Quinton, who was more familiar with Star Wars, into his. Quinton had previously taken snipes at MauLer on Twitter, even uploading a parody of MauLer's reviews to YouTube before taking it down when people took it seriously, and it became clear that Quinton was using The Right Opinion's video as a vehicle by which to finally criticize him directly. This concluded with The Right Opinion joining MauLer and Rags to talk about his video, and then responding to a Vox video on the MCU for the fun of it.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
With Rags and Wolf both unavailable, MauLer assembled a rag-tag team of Metal, Al, Fringy, and ChaseFace for an Emergency 'FAP, to watch a long-awaited video from Joseph Anderson about why, in his opinion, horror games don't work. He was rejoined by Rags along with newcomer Cynical CJ to get their first look at The Cosmonaut Variety Hour, who took aim at Spider-Man 1 and 2, for all the wrong reasons. MauLer and Rags were joined by Smudboy, DasBoSchitt, and Doomcock to look at women with Maj0r Lee, then by Al and CynicSnacks to learn about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom from Shinobi. Wolf returned to join MauLer and Rags in watching Taxxon's response to one of Wolf's videos. The trio were joined by Fringy to witness Joseph Anderson's views on subjectivity, then by Logicked to find out everything great about The Last Jedi from CinemaWins. Our trio then moved from CinemaWins to Sins, with CinemaSinsSins returning to aid in the fight and deliver some wisdom about the Spider Oracles. JLongBone joined the roster to watch the best video they'd seen so far from the fly-swatting Sarah Z, then Weekend Warrior joined them to get an insightful glimpse into the enigma that was Tonald. This arc then came to a close, what it was all building up to, with MauLer, Rags, Wolf, and newly-promoted Manager CinemaSinsSins tackling Jack Saint and Taxxon's "Long Critique Is Not Deep Critique," a battle so lengthy it extended into a second stream that required Chase, DasBo, and Smudboy to fill in for Rags and Wolf. With "Long Critique Is Not Deep Critique" deeply critiqued at length, MauLer and his gay dogs unwound by taking a look at Snowman Gaming's video on subjectivity with Voxis Productions, after which they were visited by The Forbidden One, who granted Voxis his new name.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
Season 4[edit | edit source]
Season 5[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
TFA Part 3[edit | edit source]
Season 7[edit | edit source]
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Stretching out - The Long Man's signature move, he can stretch himself as much as he wants.
- Leadership - Long Man cares about his peers and army like a family and they follow him if they can.
- Creation of Long content - he can last for hours with little energy waste.
- Swordsmanship - he can use sword-like weapons.
- Strength - he can match most enemies
- Speed - he can react to many defenses or attacks in seconds
- Intelligence -he can provide arguments and evidence on a whim.
Notable Attacks/Techniques:[edit | edit source]
- Unbridled Rage: Rants about something for 40–140 minutes.
- Unbridled Praise: Praises something for around 40–140 minutes.
- Critique: Critiques something for upwards of 5 hours.
Notable Weaknesses:[edit | edit source]
- Keyhole - His only known weakness is the lock on the front of his gas mask. If the key is ever found, it could spell disaster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
"He says I try to purport myself as a god and he wants to make that god bleed... I review movies, dude."
- Whether he can stretch his genitals or not is unknown.
- He is one of the oldest beings that are currently alive, which include aside from him and his family: Phred the Cosmic Chicken, Goliath, Maj0r Lee, Dadald, Tonald and Madea.
- He's seen the word "themes" misused so often that he doesn't want to say that word anymore, despite actually being very pro-th*mes.
- He predicted Sheev coming back in The Rise of Skywalker.
- The GameCube was his first console.
- He thinks Magic: The Gathering is a game for nerds.
- MauLer supports all free markets except the ones that sell children's organs.
- He likes gray and rainy weather, the most common type in Britain.
- One of his friends is verified on Twitter, a fact both of them are very ashamed of.
- He doesn't like the British government.
- Cynical Reviews' dad is a big fan.
- He is currently either 17 or 3 years old.
- According to that guy from EFAP 101, he pioneered objective film criticism.
References[edit | edit source]
- EFAP #29 - RE: Star Wars: The Fandom Menace - Ft. Geeks&Gamers and WorldClassBullshitters
- Black Panther, The Oscar Nominations, and The State of Media Criticism ft. MauLer - TGBP Episode 4
- EFAP #3 - "How The Last Jedi Defies Expectations" - "Let's Talk about Thanos - Movies with Mikey"
- EFAP #24 - A discussion with Snowman Gaming and Jared graces the podcast - Ft. Voxis the Pipeman
- Video Games with Mauler and Rags
- The Oscars and the Poddies (ft. MauLer & Jay Exci's SinsSins) - TGBP Episode 8
- EFAP #78 - RE: "Why I loved Rise of Skywalker" - "It made me appreciate TLJ more" w/ WW, JLB and Jay